Sweet and and Sour Spare Ribs
- Cut rips between bones into small pieces.
- Instead of frying, we will roast the meat to remove blood and fat. It's also remove gamey smell and taste.
- Brush with normal cooking oil to foram a crispy layer and transfer heat better
- Pre-heat to 450 F/ 250 C. Roast at center for 30 minutes. Roasted ribs will have golden brown and crsipy outer layer.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Oil the pan and cook at low heat.
- Add 2 Tablespoon of Brown sugar
- Add small water and stir to melt sugar.
- Continue stir at low heat and add water in small batches throughout the process.
- Continue sugar turn brown like soy sauce.
- Add the roasted ribs and stir.
- Add 1 Tablespoon Shaoxing Wine to remove gamey small
- Add 3-5 whole cloves of garlic.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
- One pinch of salt.
- Add 1/2 Tablesppon Worshire Vinegar. We divide into two parts to retain vinegar aroma and flavor.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until sauces is thicken.
- Add another 1/2 Tablesppon Worshire Vinegar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!