Simple Milky Mochi Wrap
A simple and quick milky mochi wrap recipe to make your favorite mochi with any flavors of your choice.
- Add all ingredients in a Glass mixing bowl (Warning: It has to be glass because we'll use a microwave)
- Whisk until well-mixed and smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and poke some holes
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- Remove plastic wrap and mix with Spatula until it's well-mixed (it is getting stickier)
- Cover with same plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Remove plastic wrap and mix with Spatula until it's well-mixed (it is getting a lot stickier). Continue until it warm to touch.
- Wet your pastry pat or cutting board with vegetable oil
- Knead the dough until it is smooth
- Dust your pastry mat with corn starch
- Cover the dough with corn starch.
- Divide into about 30 grams pieces and shape them into spherical shape.
- Layer a wax paper on a baking pan and dust dust with corn starch, so your dough won't stick to it.
- Roll your mochi ball into circular sheet to add any ice cream filling your choice.
- Fold to cover the filling and freeze your mochi in container for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
You can substitute milk with water or flavor milk.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!