Current Challenges: Many teachers still share resources by asking students to enter a short URL or a Bit.ly link. It is a tedious process, and many students have problems because it is case-sensitive or students type incorrectly.
Overview of the solution: Create a URL resource, so students only have to click on the link to access any shared resource.
- On the Main Course page, go to your desired topic/section
- Click on Turn editing on.
- On your desired topic, click on Add an activity or resource
- Select URL from Resources
- Enter a descriptive name
- Copy and Past the meeting link in the External URL
- Under Appearance, select In pop-up for display.
- Manually control when students can access it:
- Under Restrict access, click on Add restriction
- Change to Student must not match the following (Why? Students in the group cannot access the resources or activity until the teacher deletes the group from the restrictions.)
- select the group.
- Repeat steps 1 – 3 to add more groups.
- Note: For MS/HS, the teacher would delete the group to allow students in that group to access the resources or activity. For TK-6, you just delete the group to allow your students to access it.
- Click Save and return to course.