Crispy French Fries
Simple tasty and crispy french fries basic recipe that you can add flavor to it.
- Medium Pot
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 g table salt
- 3 Tbsp Potato/Rice flour/starch
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 1 Liter Water
- Peel potatoes and juliene into French fries size.
- Soak in cold water (add ice if needed) for 30 minutes to remove starch
- Boil a pot of water
- Add Potatoes to boiling water and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until fries are hard semi-cooked.
- Remove cooked potatoes and rinse with cold water a few time to stop cooking and rinse off any starch.
- Shake off excess water.
- Optional: Flavor Potato flour with seasoning of your choice.
- Coat the fries with potato flour (using a Ziploc bag or a large container)
- You can freeze and use it whenever you like.
- Heat oil to 350 F/ 176 C
- First Fry: Fry French in small batches for 3-4 minutes, remove, and fry the next batch until you are done.
- Second Fry: Fry the French fried the second for 4-5 minutes. The crispiness will be there.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!